As a two-time surrogate, I know the joys first-hand that surrogacy can bring. There is a ripple effect that goes far beyond the Intended Parents holding their baby for the first time. Grandparents, aunts and uncles, siblings, friends, and so many more will hold you in the highest regard forever. Not to mention, the beautiful impression it leaves on a surrogate’s own family. I know mine will be forever changed by my decision to build a family for Frank & Norm.
Angela Peeters - CEO, Canadian Surrogacy Community
Making a difference in a new Way
When I finished my last surrogate pregnancy, I kept asking myself how I could possibly keep helping in the surrogate world. I had built up a network of resources from fertility clinics to lawyers, Intended Parents, and amazing surrogates whom I called my friends. Years ago the idea began brewing in my mind, and after months of research, collaboration with volunteers, support from a community of surrogates, my dream of Canadian Surrogacy Community came to be.
Everything I went through as a surrogate is now being poured into my surrogacy agency. My energy, heart & soul, and networking is all I had to start with, but I am more than willing to do everything I can to make the face of surrogacy a positive one for the future to come. I started this agency using my personal experience as a surrogate as a baseline for what surrogacy agencies should be for everyone. I pour my heart and soul into it, and I’m driven by the desire to make the face of surrogacy positive and compassionate instead of cold and merely a type of business transaction.
What we look for in potential surrogates
- You must be a Canadian citizen
- Between the ages of 21-45
- Have had at least one child
- No history of serious pregnancy/delivery/post-partum complications
- You must NOT be on government assistance
- No criminal history
- No tattoos or piercings within the last 6 months
- No history of serious depression or psychological issues
- Willing to undergo bloodwork, ultrasounds, medical tests as per doctor’s orders
- Willing to travel to fertility clinics, lawyer and doctor’s appointments
- Willing to take IVF medications
- You must have a good support system at home
- No abuse of drugs/alcohol
- No smoking
- Someone who enjoys being pregnant!
- Someone who wants to help others just because they can!
Surrogates Keep it Real
A raw and real talk about how surrogacy has effected the lives of women who have chosen to help complete strangers create a family. Canadian Surrogacy Community was proud to host a retreat in July 2017 and have many of the surrogates through the company in one place to celebrate their diversity and common bond. Victoria talks about her miscarriage, Sarah talks about why she picked her IM, Kara talks about the feelings she had during and after her first surrogacy birth, and more…